Local newspaper “Druzhba” of the Grigoriopol district
Leaflets and wall newspapers had been issued at all enterprises before the newspaper was first published on March 10, 1932.
On March 10 collective farmers, teachers and agronomists received a small-size newspaper.
In 1953 the Grigoriopol local newspaper “Pobeda” (“Victory”) with a circulation of 600 was issued twice a week. In June 1958 Grigoriopol district merged with Dubossary district. They began publishing the newspaper together!
In 1972 when Grigoriopol district became independent from Dubossary district, the newspaper was issued under the name “Druzhba” (“Friendship”)
The local newspaper “Druzhba” was awarded diplomas of the Union of journalists of MSSR and the local party committee; it won the prizes of the Republican contests. On March 10, 1982 the Grigoriopol local newspaper “Druzhba” with a circulation of 10 000, issued four times a week, was awarded a diploma of the Presidium of the Supreme Soviet of the Moldavian SSR.
Grigoriopol dwellers were looking forward to a new issue of a local newspaper when the Pridnestrovian Moldavian Republic was created. In 1992 the newspaper was a “war leaflet”, a true “agitator and organizer”.
On the tenth anniversary of the Pridnestrovian Moldavian Republic the editorial staff of the Grigoriopol local newspaper “Druzhba” was awarded diplomas of the Public Prosecutor of PMR and the Union of journalists of PMR for publications on the activity of the law-enforcement bodies. It was nominated as “the best periodical in the mass media” in the Republican contest.
In 2001 the Pridnestrovian independent centre of analytical researches “Novy vek” (“New century”) conducted an opinion poll of Grigoriopol dwellers. The rating of confidence in local and republican press was rather high. The newspaper “Druzhba” took the first place. 62% of respondents read it; 32% - trust it.
On March 10, 2002 the newspaper “Druzhba” celebrated its 70-th anniversary. The president of the Pridnestrovian Moldavian Republic I. N. Smirnov gave a computer to the editorial staff. The local administration allotted some money to repairing the building and buying software and equipment. The newspaper has been made up in the editorial office since April 1, 2002. So the design has been changed, the price has reduced.
Responsible secretary: 22868