The Ministry of Health and Social Security of the Pridnestrovian Moldavian Republic
The Ministry of health and social security of the Pridnestrovian Moldavian Republic is an executive body responsible for protection of health and social security of citizens.
It follows the Constitution of the Pridnestrovian Moldavian Republic, laws of the Pridnestrovian Moldavian Republic, President’s Edicts and directions and other statutes of the Pridnestrovian Moldavian Republic.
It has the following functions: protection of health of citizens, health service, medical treatment of citizens in state health institutions, pensions and social security of citizens according to the legislation.
Main objectives of the Ministry of Health in the field of public health:
- examining state of health of the population of the republic, prevention and effective treatment of illnesses, reduction of a sickness, disablement and death rate;
- rendering medical aid and providing health protection of the population;
- providing favourable sanitary conditions for the population;
- providing the population with drugs and medical equipment;
- taking measures for protection of maternity and childhood, control over children’s health;
- control over functioning of sanatoriums and convalescent homes.
Main objectives of the Ministry of Health in the field of social security:
- implementation of a state policy in the field of social protection of the old, the disabled, the needy, families with children;
- participation in elaboration and implementation of programmes on social support of pensioners, invalids, veterans and families having children;
- providing the functioning of social security bodies and institutions, control over them;
- social security of the old, disabled and needy, veterans;
- expanding the network of social security bodies and institutions, introduction of new social services;
- control over distribution and amount of pensions;
- control over observance of pension laws;
- giving extra money to special categories of citizens;
- improvement of the legislation of the Pridnestrovian Moldavian Republic in the field of social security considering priorities in development of social security systems of the CIS countries.
The minister of health and social security of the Pridnestrovian Moldavian Republic – Tkachenko Ivan Valerievich.
Address: Pridnestrovian Moldavian Republic, Tiraspol, Dnestrovsky Street, 3
Phone/ Fax: 34562
http://www.minzdrav.idknet.com; e-mail: email@example.com